"Nolan's effortless, soulful raspiness in his voice – I’ve wanted that voice my whole life. There aren't many guys who can sing in that way.”
For over 20 years, NOLAN NEAL has brought his captivating energy, raspy vocals, and signature songwriting to stages and television screens across the nation – most notably competing on NBC’s America’s Got Talent and The Voice.
NOLAN has written and performed alongside the likes of Rob Cavallo, Steve Thompson, Desmond Child, Shinedown, Saliva, Parmalee, Tonic, Alisan Porter, Aaron Gibson, Josh Gallagher, Adam Cunningham, and many alumni of The Voice. Notable musicians have publicly praised his talents, including Adam Levine, Alicia Keys, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Miley Cyrus, Simon Cowell, and Desmond Child.
With both parents having been professional musicians in Nashville, NOLAN began developing his signature sound at an early age. His journey, however, has not been devoid of struggles and heartbreak. At 18 years-old, NOLAN was scouted by songwriter Steve Dorff. Said Dorff, “I though there was a 30 year old-man singing on the CD he sent me... I couldn't believe that voice was coming from a kid!” After Dorff flew him to Los Angeles two weeks later, NOLAN had signed with Hollywood Records president and producer Rob Cavallo (Green Day, Goo-Goo Dolls, Shinedown).
After signing his first record deal, NOLAN toured and wrote songs with members of Tonic, Saliva, Shinedown, Cold, and Puddle Of Mud. But as NOLAN's career gained momentum, his father, Mark, started losing his battle with depression. Sadly, his father took his own life only seven days before NOLAN's birthday.
Following his father's death, in 2006 Virgin Records signed NOLAN to a second record deal. He was paired with hit producer and mixer, Steve Thompson of Metallica, Guns & Roses, and Korn fame. With Jason Flom and Evan Lamberg at the helm, NOLAN, his band, and Steve Thompson soon left for upstate New York to record at Allaire Studios. Just one week into recording, however, NOLAN received a call from his mother that an F3 tornado had just torn though the home in which he grew up. Faced with unimaginable pain, these tragedies sparked a downward spiral for NOLAN into an unmanageable state of depression and substance abuse.
No doubt, NOLAN's downward spiral highlighted his need for a change. After losing his second record deal, he sought help – and sobriety. Now, 10 years clean of the “hard stuff” and 15 months sober of everything else, NOLAN is impassioned with raising awareness for addiction recovery and suicide prevention. Whether receiving a message from a fan or from a stranger, NOLAN is dedicated to helping those who have lost everything rise up and heal.
After finding sobriety, NOLAN NEAL’s narrative started to change. During their 2013 summer tour, multi-platinum rock band Hinder brought NOLAN on as their new frontman. Together, they recorded an album, including the single, “Hit the Ground,” that peaked at #45 on the Billboard Top 100.
Fast forward to 2016, and NOLAN NEAL’s four chair-turning cover of Elton John’s “Tiny Dancer” on The Voice would push him to over 10 million YouTube views, gain a Billboard Top 40 single, and hit #1 twice on the iTunes charts.
In January of 2020, NOLAN signed with the world-famous, Grammy Award-winning songwriter and producer Desmond Child (“Livin’ on a Prayer,” “Livin’ La Vida Loca”). When Child took NOLAN under his wing, he suggested that he audition for America's Got Talent – leading to a standing ovation and four “yeses” from all AGT judges during Season 15.
In the summer of 2020, NOLAN shared, “I knew my time would come, if I just kept on believing and stayed the course – sober and humble, writing and singing songs from my heart. I never gave up because I knew my time was gonna come. And according to Simon Cowell... maybe now is my time."
- 13,800,000+ YouTube views
- Two iTunes #1’s
- One Billboard #21 on the Hot Country chart - With a song called “Pick Any Small Town” written for Josh Gallagher to perform on The Voice Season 11 FINALE!
- One Billboard #45 on the Modern Rock chart - With Hinder - Nolan sang on this track but didn’t write it.
- Standing ovation and a YES from all 4 judges on NBC’s America’s Got Talent,
- Standing ovation & a 4 chair turn on NBC’s The Voice
- Fronting multi-platinum rock band Hinder
- Writing with members of Hinder Shinedown, Saliva, Parmalee, Tonic, Michael Tait, Jeff Silbar and many more of today’s top talent.
- Signed record deals with Virgin records, Hollywood Records, & publishing deals with EMI Music Publishing, Savanah Music group & Writers List Publishing.
- Most important accomplishment is 10 years free from the needle since May 15th 2010 … and 14 months clean and sober from everything since May 16th 2019.
- Over 3000 fans writing in and sharing their stories of hope and courage since June 16th 2020